Ahhhhh, spring. The blossoming begins. It’s time to leave the big fluffy blankets in the den and head outside. For many, this move will include a good book.
This post is dedicated to avid readers. Below is a short list of great books that align with the seasonal bloom.
Title: You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Author: Jen Sincero
Genre: Self-help with a twist
The first book on our reading list is Jen Sincero’s You Are a Badass. This book is broken up into a series of digestible chapters that invite the reader to reflect on their frustrations differently. Sincero offers an astonishingly light-hearted take on our everyday aches through honest dialogue and hopeful reflection.
To give you an idea of what’s in store for you, here is some amazingness:
- Chapter 6: Love The One You Is
- Chapter 11: Your Brain Is Your Bitch
- Chapter 17: It’s Easy Once You Figure Out It Isn’t Hard
- Chapter 23: The Almighty Decision
Favorite line: “...if you want to be free, you have to let go.”
Title: Eat, Pray, Love
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
This book is an oldie, but it’s a goodie. This book tells the story of one woman’s search for everything: pleasure, devotion, and balance. Step out of your comfort zone with Gilbert as she adventures across Italy, India, and Indonesia to redefine her relationship with the joys of life, prayer, and herself.
Quotes you’ll never forget:
- “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.”
- “I think I deserve something beautiful.”
- “We don't realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”
Upcoming review: Educated by Tara Westover
Stay tuned, bookworms!